Friday, September 10, 2010

Doll Face

Doll Face is a very interesting video. I'm kinda speechless towards the video. I understand the meaning of the video.It shows that people copy what they see on TV or the internet. it shows how they fall apart in the end, your not who you are and in the end u end up destroying yourself. When i think of the video i think of the quote. "who searches for perfection, will only find failure". i like that it gets higher and its standards get higher. When it was shown, i thought to myself "Creepy!!! ". but it was an amazing video and very sad. I loved how deep this was, as well as creepy. The more bizarre something is, I feel the more effective the message is. In this case, beauty is always just out of reach and striving to be too beautiful can kill you. its trying to say at first you start to watch TV. then you start liking it. then you get more and more addicted to it until your brain goes dead.  I think it's about how everyone is just trying to find themselves, and it's becoming more and more confusing as the media decide what is beautiful and perfect. I've gotten to the point that i no longer care; but when i watch this, i know i still care as much as anyone else, I'm just better at hiding it. hopefully, one day i will find out who i am, by myself. This reminds me of the other kids my age who try so hard to be just like everyone else. They cannot exist without some kind of trend to follow. They must have some kind of example of what they should be. Its pathetic. It's like they have no understanding at all of what it means to be yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment